FISCAL YEAR 2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Building a Healthier Community:
- The total estimated value of the care CVIM provided to the community was more than $5.9 million.
- Recognizing the need in our community, 390 licensed clinicians and professional support volunteers donated nearly 53,000 hours (valued at $2.1 million) of their time and talent in support of CVIM services.
- 35,178 patient visits were provided for medical, dental, dispensary and social service appointments, as well as prevention, wellness and education programs, which included 1,575 new patients.
- Our Community partners donated more than $7.3 million of in-kind materials, supplies, lab services, consultations, referrals and diagnostic testing, with over $1.6 million of these services coming directly from Chester County Hospital/Penn Medicine and Main Line Health.
- Committed to clinical workforce development, CVIM provided more than 11,000 hours of hands-on educational experience to over 200 medical, dental, dental hygiene, pharmacy and public health students.
- Medical and dental professionals provided care to 433 children at our healthcare center and 958 children through community outreach programs.
- CVIM dispensed more than 26,000 free prescription medications during 8,989 dispensary visits. The medications, received from multiple partnerships, were valued more than $4 million.
Expanding our Reach:
- CVIM provided expanded and integrated behavioral health services to 178 patients during 1,030 visits. 100% of new patients are screened for anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol use, and intimate partner violence.
- Our Mobile Dental Outreach program began providing preventative/restorative oral health services at two new offsite locations – St. Rocco’s Center in Avondale and Surrey Services for Seniors in Devon.
- The introduction of our Patient Education Navigator program is using technology and one-on-one counseling to help patients learn about their health and the preventative and wellness services we offer.
- CVIM provided health education to 5,422 people through 74 outreach activities in the community.
- CVIM’s expanded Women’s Health Services program offered culturally sensitive care to 500 women, including 7 onsite visits from the Temple Fox Chase Cancer Center mammogram van.
Download the FY16 Highlights Infographic here.
Download the FY16 Highlights Fact Sheet here.