Position Title: Outreach Dental Hygienist Reports To: VP of Dental Services and VP of Dental Affairs
Position Summary: To provide all quality dental hygiene services to adult and children at outreach sites and in the clinic.
- Promote education of proper dental care such as brushing and flossing with each patient as appropriate.
- Assure that the proper charting on the dental record is maintained for all patients.
- Take x-rays as directed in the CVIM standard of care.
- Perform periodontal scalings and root planings on patients when needed
- Apply fluoride varnish to all patients regardless of age.
- Perform prophylaxis on patients as well as either PSRs or periodontal probings
- Place sealants on teeth
- Follow all OSHA and HIPPA protocols
- Participate in dental outreach programs
- Maintain portable equipment and maintenance.
- Report to the VP of Dental Affairs and VP of Dental Services routinely
- Secure set up, clean and supply dental suite.
- Secure equipment and patient records at the close of the day.
- Scheduling of patients and maintain supplies
- Provide oral health educational programs to potential patients
- Provide outreach services at all Surrey Senior Centers and St. Rocco’s mission
- Review dental cases with the staff dentist
- Secure nomad/sensors/computer at the end of the working day
- Must be compliant with the terms of the grant requirements (portable equipment)
- Act as a dental assistant when necessary
- Help with sterilization when necessary
- Attend CVIM functions
- Graduate of an accredited Dental Hygiene School
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania
- Maintain the required continuing education credits and CPR certification
- Must hold a PHDHP License
- Must be willing to travel to dental outreach locations most days
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying, please send resume to Alberta Landis (firstname.lastname@example.org).