Position Title: Social Services Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Position Summary: The social worker will provide case management, needs assessments and referral services for our patients. This position is part of our multi-disciplinary team. This person will collaborate with our medical/dental team as well as the eligibility team.
- Informs appropriate personnel of patient issues that need to be addressed by the clinical team.
- Conducts social work needs assessments and makes appropriate referrals to social service organizations.
- Works in collaboration with the medical/dental team for referrals for needed social services ensuring there is continuity of care.
- Documents patient interaction in the medical record and MedServices.
- Provides oversight and assistance to any social work volunteer as needed.
- Provides follow up with patients to ensure referrals and intervention are functioning as planned.
- Assists in data collection for statistical reports.
- Conducts English/Spanish screenings.
- Completes CHIP applications and applies for reimbursements
- Assists in the transportation pilot being coordinated by Family Services
- Provides transitional case management for hospital and ED discharges
- Completes Medical Assistance and other public benefit applications with patients.
- Assists in screenings at St. Rocco.
- Maintains patient information, brochures and resource materials
- Field supervisor of BSW student, if applicable.
- Represents CVIM at community and civic organizations.
- Participates in community networking forums.
- Manages the Cradles to Crayons partnership and orders.
Hours: Full time, including at least one evening a week. Daily hours TBD.
- Bachelors of Social Work Degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, near native fluency required.
- Must be computer proficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks
- Knowledgeable of community resources
Please send your cover letter and resume to Marie Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org