Synergy is so powerful at Community Volunteers in Medicine! At CVIM, volunteers, donors and community partners come together to provide healthcare, hope and healing to low-income, uninsured families in the Chester County region. Together, we help patients heal, stay healthy, and live more productively.
Jim, a patient of CVIM for the past two years, shared his appreciation for the CVIM volunteers this year, saying “They care about what is going on with me while I am at the clinic, but they want to see me do well outside of CVIM. THANK YOU to the great people that work at CVIM.”
I share this brief annual report with pride in the services we offer our patients, and with gratitude for the many partners who make it possible for CVIM to address the unmet healthcare needs in our shared community.
President and CEO
Community Volunteers in Medicine provides compassionate medical and dental care and health education to people who live or work in the Chester County region who lack access to insurance, in order to support their goals to lead productive, healthy, and hopeful lives.
Serving the Community Need
Last year, CVIM served more patients in more visits than any prior year. By expanding our programs and services, we continued to serve the community need. Here are some of the highlights and programs of FY19:
- $7.9 million of care provided
- Over 28,000 free medications worth $4.1 million
- More than 4,200 patients served in over 45,000 visits
- Nearly 500 volunteers donated 56,000 hours – including doctors, nurses, interpreters, administrative support, students, and more
- Expanded Non-Opioid Pain Management Program
- Integrated bi-lingual behavioral health services
- 475 free rides through ZOOM, a volunteer driver service
- Dental outreach services at St. Rocco’s parish, Surrey Services, and Head Start programs
- Mammogram screenings and children’s eyeglasses provided through affiliations with Fox Chase Cancer Center, the Philadelphia Flyers and Philadelphia Eagles
Expanding Our Reach:
While more than 90% of our patients live in Chester County, in FY19 we served 390 patients from more than 14 surrounding counties as well. We are committed to providing access to healthcare to uninsured, low-income families that need us. In addition to our West Chester clinic, we have two satellite dental locations and dental outreach services to HeadStart pre-school programs; we offer ZOOM, a volunteer driver service that provides free transportation for patients; and we partner with school districts in Southern Chester County to bus students requiring dental care during the school day.
CVIM is proud to be the recipient of the GuideStar® Exchange Platinum Seal and the Charity Navigator Four-Star Rating. These distinctions indicate that we work to fulfill our mission while adhering to the highest standards of financial accountability and transparency practices.
Click here to view our Board of Directors
Click here to see a list of donors.