On Tuesday, May 6th, CVIM professional support volunteers came together for the biannual CVIM front office team meeting. The meeting is an opportunity for all of the volunteers and staff who work together to keep the day-to-day functions of the clinic smooth and efficient to discuss ideas, share recent operational developments, and develop a team relationship. Historically the meetings have been not only popular with volunteers, but also hugely successful in helping the front office team to operate as one cohesive unit in providing excellent patient care.
At the most recent meeting, topics of discussion included:
- Safety, including the use of front desk safety devices and procedures;
- New communication plans with the dispensary to better track medication refills;
- Tips for improved communication with patients;
- Key points in utilizing the scheduling system; and,
- General front office reminders.
As part of the newly expanded volunteer intranet, CVIM will add the presentation and notes from this meeting to a newly-developed section intended for front office volunteers. If you were unable to attend the meeting or would like to review what was discussed, the information will be available here.