On Friday, April 11 the clinical staff and volunteers at Community Volunteers in Medicine joined together in the morning for the clinic’s semiannual “Breakfast and Business” meeting. The meeting, which takes place in the fall and spring, is an opportunity for clinicians to learn best practices and discuss ideas for providing compassionate and effective patient care. This month’s meeting was attended by half of the clinical volunteer team and brought forward wonderful ideas and innovations to maximize CVIM’s patient outreach and treatment.
County Commissioner Ryan Costello opened the meeting with a special thank you to volunteers for their committed service to their neighbors in need. Key points discussed during the meeting included:
- OSHA Hazard Communication. All volunteers are required to review this information. If you were not at the meeting, please review recent changes, complete the test, and return to Judy at email@example.com).
- Changes to tracking of our patients’ smoking statuses for purposes of our smoking cessation program.
- Hand washing, white coat, and stethoscope sanitary maintenance procedures.
- Upcoming events at CVIM including vaccine clinics sponsored by the Health Department and an Asthma Awareness Day sponsored by TEVA Pharmaceuticals.
- How to work with interpreters and cross-cultural communication tips and advice.
- Results from recent QA Committee studies.