Position Title: Behavioral Health Counselor
Reports To: Behavioral Health Coordinator
Inception Date: December 2019
Position Summary: The Behavioral Health Counselor’s primary responsibilities include
Spanish counseling of CVIM patients that are dealing with anxiety and depression related to chronic pain. Counseling is part of the comprehensive care provided at CVIM and this individual will help to coordinate the patient’s access to counseling and medical services. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Marie Frey, VP of Operations, and email@example.com.
- Provides Spanish counseling to CVIM patient identified via the chronic pain assessment
- Coordinates Spanish counseling referrals to outside organizations
- Provides collaboration among the Behavioral Health team to ensure appropriate care is completed for the pain management program.
- Coordinates the counseling and psychiatric visits for patients Responsible for teaching and working with students.
Hours: 20 hours a week – Monday or a Wednesday evening would be required.
FLSA Status: _Exempt _X Non-exempt
- Masters of Social Work degree; LSW working towards LCSW or Masters in Counseling (LPC) or working towards a LPC
- Bilingual in English and Spanish – near native fluency required
- Must be computer proficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks
- Knowledgeable of community resources and participates in community networking