It is the time of winter when change begins to permeate the air. The weather begins to warm as we prepare for spring, Americans everywhere prepare their tax documents, families move, weddings take place, and outdoor work begins again.
Keeping in mind the potential for change many are facing, it is important for CVIM patients to remember that CVIM has a rescreening policy that all current patients agree to when they sign their patient responsibility agreement. As part of the patient responsibility agreement, patients agree to “rescreen every 12 months unless I have a life changing event, i.e. receiving medical and/or dental insurance, marriage, divorce, job change, number of dependents, etc., in which case I need to reregister at that time”.
In addition, patients agree:
- To bring family income verification when asked of me in order to receive medications from CVIM;
- CVIM is not a ‘walk-in’ clinic and, unless it is an emergency, I must call to schedule an appointment to be seen;
- To cooperate in counseling to secure health services (Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare) for which I or a family member may qualify, as discussed by a CVIM worker;
- To keep all scheduled appointments and call ASAP if I am unable to keep the appointment;
- To not come to CVIM under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol, or with any weapons or dangerous instruments that can be considered a danger/threat to others;
- To call 2 days in advance to refill prescriptions;
- That all TAX DOCUMENTS (federal taxes or non-filing form) for ALL ADULT MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD must be received by April 15th of EACH YEAR, and that if I am not filing I must sign a non-filing form at the clinic; and,
- That if I obtain legal representation for a personal injury, CVIM will temporarily terminate its treatment relationship with me until I provide a letter from my attorney stating that my legal representation has ceased.
If it is time for you to (re)screen, screening instructions are as follows:
|For NEW Patients:||You must first make an appointment to screen to become a patient. You can do this by calling (610) 836-5990 ext. 122 and leaving a message if no one is available to take your call. You can review our eligibility requirements to see if you may qualify.|
|For CURRENT Patients:||You must rescreen every 12 months or earlier in accordance with the guidelines outlined above. Current patients do not have to make an appointment to rescreen. Screening hours are:
English: Monday and Friday – 9 am to 11 am, Tuesday – 1 pm to 3 pm