Less than two months remain until federal taxes must be filed. As we remind at every visit, CVIM must receive copies of tax documents or signed non-filing forms by April 15, 2014 in order to continue receiving medications at CVIM (click here for more info). However, while tax day is a permanent fixture in the mind of many, there is a date that is not always readily remembered and it is just as important for CVIM patients: rescreening day.
As part of the patient responsibility agreement, patients agree to “rescreen every 12 months unless I have a life changing event, i.e. receiving medical and/or dental insurance, marriage, divorce, job change, number of dependents, etc., in which case I need to reregister at that time”. All current patients agree to this policy when their sign their patient responsibility agreement. If a patient does not rescreen by their rescreen day, they will become ineligible to receive services at CVIM until they rescreen and requalify.
In addition, patients agree:
- To bring family income verification when asked of me in order to receive medications from CVIM;
- CVIM is not a ‘walk-in’ clinic and, unless it is an emergency, I must call to schedule an appointment to be seen;
- To cooperate in counseling to secure health services (Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare) for which I or a family member may qualify, as discussed by a CVIM worker;
- To keep all scheduled appointments and call ASAP if I am unable to keep the appointment;
- To not come to CVIM under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol, or with any weapons or dangerous instruments that can be considered a danger/threat to others;
- To call 2 days in advance to refill prescriptions;
- That all TAX DOCUMENTS (federal taxes or non-filing form) for ALL ADULT MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD must be received by April 15th of EACH YEAR, and that if I am not filing I must sign a non-filing form at the clinic; and,
- That if I obtain legal representation for a personal injury, CVIM will temporarily terminate its treatment relationship with me until I provide a letter from my attorney stating that my legal representation has ceased.
If it is time for you to (re)screen, screening instructions are as follows:
|For NEW Patients:||You must first make an appointment to screen to become a patient. You can do this by calling (610) 836-5990 ext. 122 and leaving a message if no one is available to take your call. You can review our eligibility requirements to see if you may qualify.|
|For CURRENT Patients:||You must rescreen every 12 months or earlier in accordance with the guidelines outlined above. Current patients do not have to make an appointment to rescreen. Screening hours are:
English: Monday and Friday – 9 am to 11 am, Tuesday – 1 pm to 3 pm